One of the reasons I love my company‘s community face book forum is because of the information and tips shared by other consultants. This week someone shared notes about Facebook Business Page training and I wanted to share those notes and add some additional tips here as well. We could all use some help with social media and if we are going to be on Facebook, we should make the most of it.
Check out Peg Fitzpatrick’s tips on “Easy ways to supercharge your Facebook Business Page”
|Photo credit: Peg Fitzpatrick Blog|
Here are Leslie’s notes:
1. Make a nice timeline cover photo using Canva, tell who you are, what you’re about, and include pictures there as well about any promos or upcoming events.
2. Make sure on your MAIN FB page under “about” you are actually linking your business FB profile spage under “work”
3. Use the big search bar at the top of FB and search something like “pages liked by fans of….” I typed in “non-toxic products & healthy living” and found a bunch of local FB groups to join that I didn’t know about.
4. This one is KEY. Overly promotional posts will get LESS priority in News Feed. The FB algorithm will not make your posts visible if they are purely promotional. Best practices ~ posts that are REAL, PERSONAL, HAVE VALUE, and are SIMPLE. Post personal pix too, and non professional pix – ones you take with your cell phone, not always from social shareables – and even post a quick video ~ people like to buy from real people!!!
5. If you follow fellow consultants’s business pages, always like and try to comment – what drives a posts reach is engagement via likes, shares, & comments.
These tips were shared with the community from my company, however they will work for any consultant regardless of your social selling business.
If you don’t have a Business page, click here for instructions on how to set up one.
Round up of Facebook for Business Tips:
1. How to set up and get your page noticed (with video!)
4. For those of you who didn’t know about Canva, here are some great tips from the canva blog with helpful ideas for creating graphics for your page.
5. Did you know you can add apps to your facebook business page? Check out this helpful post for adding apps and graphics to your page.
I have a lot of work to do on my page and I’m excited to see our Facebook business page engagement grow! Do you have a FB business page for your business? Comment, tweet me or tag me so I can check it out and support you.